I have fixed the issues with the Dungeon Map Editor, so don’t go to the bodgy Google Drive version. I have added the editor to the Game Site.
No More Grails
I have taken a big step and replaced Grails with Rikulo Stream. Web Dungeon is 100% Dart, both browser code and web server, and works with all modern browsers (IE is not a modern browser). I will post my reasons in a later post.
No more port 8080
The web dungeon URL now looks like a real website, not some school kid’s weekend project. It runs on the standard port 80, and is a lot faster.
(Note to self – get rid of that number ‘2’ in the URL as well)
Account Logins and SSL (Temporarily) Missing in Action
Whilst ditching Grails, I also ditched the database backend (!), so account logins need to be done in Dart, as well as SSL. From my initial reading, neither should be a problem. So they will return.
It Doesn’t Look Like a Game Anymore
I decided to focus on getting things to work, as my half-assed attempts at tiled dungeon walls and fonts out of a 50’s horror film weren’t working too well. So I went with the fantasy font, which looks suitably “Game of Throne-ish”. I picked purple as a color theme again, not sure why, but that can change later.